Reporting to: General Manager
The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, a quick study, resourceful self-starter, and an excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The candidate possesses that rare blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills with the innate ability to deliver designs on time for our developing pipeline. From brainstorming through implementation, the Senior UI/UX Designer will work with members of our Development Team to ensure successful execution of designs.
· Understand product specifications and user requirements;
· Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback;
· Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success;
· Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer/client needs;
· Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability);
· Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers;
· Work with developers to implement designs;
· Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends;
· An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solutions for web, desktop applications and/or mobile devices;
· Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role;
· A well-rounded UX/UI professional who connects the dots between business
needs, innovation and good design.;
· Experienced in driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results, connects emotionally;
· Experienced in creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes;
· Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture;
· Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq);
· Problem-solving attitude;
· Excellent communication skills;
· At least 3 years working experience in reputable agency/company; and
· BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
If you are interested and ready for great and exciting challenges, please send your application letter, enclosing full Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, three names & addresses of referees one of whom should be from your current employer.
Address your applications to:
Chief Executive Officer
Smart Codes - HQ
House No. 346, Mikocheni A, Senga Road.
P.O. Box 79375,
Dar es Salaam,
We thank all those who will show interest in working with us, but regret we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Do you have a project you would like us to work on? Challenge us now!
Don't forget to share some benchmarks!